We are starting to accept Behind the Wheel Registrations. Please turn in your registration form, payment, and DEC-1 card to Ms. Ponte when you are ready to sign up.
Receiving a 180-Day Temporary License
Receiving a 180-Day Temporary License: A student must meet the following criteria to receive their TDL-180 day Temporary License:
1. Be at least 16 years and 3 months old;
2. Have held a learner's permit for 9 months;
3. Successfully completed a state-approved driver education classroom course (have GREEN DEC-1 card) and an on road program;
4. Parent have signed the PPF-03 permission form cerfitying child isproperly insured and has driven a motor vehicle for 45 hours, at least15 of whick were after sunset;
5. Parents/Student have submitted the 45-hour driving log;
6. Each parent and students must attend a mandatory 90 minute program inorder for the student to complete classroom instruction.
MANDATORY PARENT/STUDENT DRIVING MEETING
DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR IN WHICH THE STUDENT PARTICIPATES IN CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION, the student and parent are required to attend a 90 minute presentation.The legislative requirement if the the participation in a 90-minute program; therefore, no one will be admitted after the presentation has started and the doors will be closed promptly at 7:00 pm.
Students may attend a parent meeting at any PWC school. ONLY PWC PARENT MEETINGS WILL BE ACCEPTED.